Have you completed your studies, or are you about to? Are you curious about human behaviour and why people do what they do and say what they say? Would you like to work with Australia’s largest market research agency, with smart and dynamic teams in a contemporary office environment? Then this graduate program is for you.
Fiftyfive5 is excited to introduce the third year of our graduate program. Commencing in 2021, our graduate cohort has grown to a total of 25 graduates across all our geographies. You will receive training and development to give you a solid grounding in market research knowledge, strategic consulting and research methodologies.
A Fiftyfive5 graduate opportunity allows you to work with the best minds in Australia’s largest independent research agency, supported by a fast-paced and collaborative culture. You will work to uncover consumer and customer insights across both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, as well as having the chance to work across a range of teams and business challenges.
what we do at fiftyfive5
Fiftyfive5 is a strategic insights-led consultancy, we provide market research and unlock insight led growth opportunities for our clients. With over 200 team members, we have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Auckland and Singapore. We help local and global organisations grow their business through uncovering insight, identifying growth opportunities and applying them through product and service innovation, brand planning, positioning, segmentation and shopper and retail strategies. We focus on a process that ensures the effectiveness of our clients’ investment in research:
Working with our client to attain total clarity on the business problem that needs to be solved; being clear on why solving it represents a growth opportunity.
2. Deliver genuine insights to answer that question:
Unearthing insight that is relevant to organisational strategy and unlocks opportunities.
3. Provide clear and tangible growth paths:
So our clients see the ‘so what’ and clearly understand the commercial implications of the strategic recommendation.
Alongside your client-based work, you will also take part in formal training sessions with the rest of your graduate cohort
You will work closely with both clients and fieldwork suppliers to ensure the smooth management of questionnaire changes, fieldwork progress, recruitment and data delivery. The role also provides and delivers plenty of opportunities to develop your qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, supporting the immediate team in report delivery and exposure to a range of interesting ad-hoc projects.
what we are looking for
We’re looking for people who are naturally curious, driven & intellectually sharp. Our ideal candidates are engaged with the world around them and cultural trends; and pair this with a good amount of common sense –switched on to the realities of consumers & clients alike. They enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative teams, across a broad range of brands and constantly learning something new. They’re inspired by seeing the impact of their research & insights on the products and services we use every day. They don’t need to have deep research skills (we’ll teach all that), they just need the right mindset & values.
- Intermediate MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- SPSS/Q is desirable but not essential
- Ability to deliver timely solutions
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of different team members and clients
- Focus on attention to detail and time management
- Ability to carry out duties autonomously when required and work effectively in a team environment
- Presents and conducts one’s self professionally
- Competitive salary package
- Fast track grad program with formal training scheme alongside client project work. This will include a week zero of intense training before you start with your team, so you can hit the ground running
- Focus on training and development: Monthly dedicated Grad Seminar on key skills development, Qual and Quant school to bed in core skills, Ongoing company-wide training on methodologies, trends and best practice
- Supportive flexible working: Safe and nimble response to working from home where needed. Extended pastoral care and social events to look after our team and keep them connected
- Culture Club: team dedicated to creating engaging and inclusive events to spend time together outside of work
- Senior mentoring: learn from the best in the biz, we have Australia’s most experienced team of practitioners who love to share their knowledge to guide your learning and development
- Partnership model: the founding partners still lead our business, and are passionate about empowering people momentum to drive our company’s growth
- Annual company offsite
- An additional five days annual leave so you can take time out when you need it
- This is an ongoing, full-time role, with the potential for fast growth and continued learning opportunities. We would love you to come and join us on this exciting journey.
2022 application process
STAGE 1: CV AND APPLICATION:
QUESTION 1: Case Study Exercise
In 500 words or less, we want you to pick one of five consumer trends and one of five companies and tell us how you think this trend is impacting this brand now and into the future. How could this trend represent an opportunity for growth? Pick any combination, we are more interested in your thinking than anything else.
The rise of the metaverse
Fluid Living Spaces
Growing Levels of Loneliness
QUESTION 2: In your cover letter, please tell us why do you think you’d excel at Fiftyfive5?
Answer the above in 200 words or less
DEADLINE: MONDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2022
STAGE 2: GETTING TO KNOW YOU (OCTOBER)
- We will invite shortlisted applicants to a short video interview to get to know you.
- Opportunity to ask questions about the role.
STAGE 3: FINAL INTERVIEW (OCTOBER)
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to Fiftyfive5’s offices in Sydney and Melbourne to conduct a face-to-face interview, complete a short task and talk through your case study with the 2022 cohort.
- This process will take 2-3 hours.
STAGE 4: OFFERS
All candidates will be notified of their outcome by November.
STAGE 5: INTAKE (FEBRUARY 2023)