Are you curious about human behaviour and the world around you? Do you love the idea of working with the world’s biggest brands and informing their brand and marketing strategy through the use of research and insights?
This role is for people who are naturally curious, driven and intellectually sharp. They’re engaged with the world around them and cultural trends; and pair this with a good amount of common sense – switched on to the realities of consumers and clients alike. They enjoy working in smart and dynamic teams, across a broad range of clients and like to constantly learn new things. They’re inspired by seeing the impact of their research and insights on the products and services we use every day. They don’t need to have deep research skills (we’ll teach all that), they just need the right mindset and values. Fiftyfive5 is excited to introduce the third year of our graduate program. We believe passionately and invest heavily in supporting industry practitioners of tomorrow. You will receive training and development to give you a solid grounding in research methodologies and strategic consulting skills.
A Fiftyfive5 graduate opportunity allows you to work with the best minds in Australia’s largest independent market research agency, supported by a fast-paced and collaborative culture. You will work to uncover consumer and customer insights across both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, as well as having the chance to work across a range of teams and business challenges.
what we do at fiftyfive5
We are one of the fastest growing strategic insight-led consultancies in Asia Pacific. Through a deep understanding of consumers, we unlock insight led growth opportunities for our clients. At the heart of everything we do is our people. A core focus for us is finding the best talent, providing an environment that motivates, working with the best clients, with active development and career progression. With over 160 team members, we have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Auckland and Singapore. We focus on a process that ensures the effectiveness of our clients’ investment in research:
1. Define the real question:
Working with our client to attain total clarity on the business problem that needs to be solved; being clear on why solving it represents a growth opportunity.
2. Deliver genuine insights to answer that question:
Unearthing insight that is relevant to organisational strategy and unlocks opportunities.
3. Provide clear and tangible growth paths:
So our clients see the ‘so what’ and clearly understand the commercial implications of the strategic recommendation.
Importantly, we work hard, but we play hard too. Our Culture Club sees to that!
Alongside your client-based work, you will also take part in formal training sessions with the rest of your graduate cohort
This role would suit an enthusiastic, commercially minded graduate looking to make a real impact on the strategy behind the brands we see and use every day. The projects we do at Fiftyfive5 are diverse, which means you will never be bored. You’ll need to be adaptable and ready to work on a variety of research projects, giving you exposure to a range of business challenges, methodologies, and teams.
You will work closely with both clients and fieldwork suppliers to ensure the smooth management of questionnaire changes, fieldwork progress, recruitment, and data delivery. The role also provides and delivers plenty of opportunities to develop your qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, supporting the immediate team in report delivery and exposure to a range of interesting ad-hoc projects.
• Contribute to design of bespoke research for a range of clients to answer key strategic questions.
• Managing live projects to ensure they are delivered on time and budget, acting as a key point of contact with clients and suppliers. Keeping internal team up to date on progress of fieldwork.
• Attending qualitative fieldwork (e.g. focus groups, interviews) to assist in analysis and interpretation.
• As part of a team, deliver rich insights about consumers, brands and categories that contribute to growth strategies for clients.
• Working with team to build presentations to summarise findings and recommendations.
• Partake in client presentations and strategy workshops.
• Structured training program to build core skills and knowledge of wider context to fast-track progression.
We are looking for bright, inquisitive and creative individuals who can live and breathe our company values. At all levels of the business, our people are recruited based on the following values:
Are you intellectually curious and always exploring the world around you? Do you ask a lot of questions? Do you have clear goals for what you want out of your first job? Are you self-motivated and committed to getting tasks done?
Do you think “we”, not “me” work well in a team? Do you thrive in an open and honest environment, anchored in positive intent? Are you proactive, helpful and generous with your time?
Do you have a history of inventing better ways of doing things? Can you tell a story in a creative and engaging way? Are you able to do this without sacrificing attention to detail?
Can you help make the complex simple? Are you flexible in your mindset? Are able to apply your academic learnings to ‘real-world’ challenges?
Will you be able to achieve the above while keeping in mind the commercial realities of clients’ and the Fiftyfive5 business.
what we are looking for
We are open to graduates from any discipline. Our team is made up of diverse backgrounds from Anthropology, Psychology and Geography to Commerce and Marketing, Medical Science, Chemistry and Languages.
Tertiary educated (minimum Bachelors)
• We put greater weight on attitude, the way you think, your values and culture fit; than what you studied or your specific work experience. Capital skill can be taught, but attitude cannot
• We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply (degree, university, cultural background, economic background, gender and sexuality, work experience) to reflect the diversity of the Australian public we represent to our clients
• Language skills are greatly valued due to the international nature of many of our projects (specifically: Japanese, Korean, Chinese(Mandarin), Arabic, Vietnamese, Spanish)
• You are required to have full working rights for at least the first 2 years of your employment at Fiftyfive5. Please contact us if you have questions about visas and pathways to sponsorship.
• Intermediate to advanced MS Office, including Excel and Powerpoint
• SPSS/Q is desirable but not essential
• Ability to deliver timely solutions
• Ability to develop strong relationships with different levels of staff and clients
• Exceptional attention detail, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to carry out duties autonomously when required and work effectively in a team environment
• Presents and conducts one’s self professionally
• A nice person, no egos, someone we could sit and have a drink with or happily join for a long car ride
• Competitive salary package
• Fast track grad program with formal training scheme alongside client project work. This will include a week zero of intense training before you start with your team, so you can hit the ground running
• Focus on training and development: Monthly dedicated Grad Seminar on key skills development, Qual and Quant school to bed in core skills, Ongoing company-wide training on methodologies, trends and best practice
• Supportive flexible working: Safe and nimble response to working from home where needed. Extended pastoral care and social events to look after our team and keep them connected
• Culture Club: team dedicated to creating engaging and inclusive events to spend time together outside of work
• Senior mentoring: learn from the best in the biz, we have Australia’s most experienced team of practitioners who love to share their knowledge to guide your learning and development
• Partnership model: the founding partners still lead our business, and are passionate about empowering people momentum to drive our company’s growth
• Annual company offsite
• An additional five days annual leave so you can take time out when you need it
• This is an ongoing, full-time role, with the potential for fast growth and continued learning opportunities. We would love you to come and join us on this exciting journey.
STAGE 1: CV AND APPLICATION:
PART A: Apply by sending your CV and covering email to Emma Hetherington at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your subject line please include your preferred location – Sydney or Melbourne (Please note most roles are in Sydney)
In addition, answer the following questions:
PART B: Case Study Exercise
In 500 words or less, we want you to pick one of five consumer trends and one of five companies and tell us how you think this trend is impacting this brand now and into the future. How could this trend represent an opportunity for growth? Pick any combination, we are more interested in your thinking than anything else
Future of flexible work
Four Pines Beer
PART C: Why do you think you’d excel at Fiftyfive5?
Answer the above in 200 words or less
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2021
STAGE 2: INITIAL VIDEO INTERVIEWS
• We will invite shortlisted applicants to a short (15-30 min) video interview to get to know you
• Opportunity to ask questions about the role
STAGE 3: INTERVIEW DAY
• We will then invite further shortlisted applicants for a half-day session. This will include a longer interview about your experience, values, motivations and engagement with brands and advertising, doing a short task, talking through your case-study and the opportunity to ask some questions to the 2021 cohort
• Job offers will be made November-early December
• Given the current circumstances, this will likely be held online
STAGE 4: INTAKE
The ten graduates will join Fiftyfive5 in Jan-Feb 2022